We invite AP and IB teachers to provide us with lists of enrolled students in AP or IB classes. Students: if your teacher has given us a list of names, and your name is on the list, you may apply for a Guest Patron card and check out books.
- Up to five books at a time may be checked out.
- The loan period is 35 days. Books may be renewed up to three times. To renew a book, login to your online account, using the password that came with your library card. Or, call the Circulation Desk at 540-654-1125, or send an email to email@example.com. Our staff can renew books for you.
- Guest patrons may not check out DVDs, microforms, current periodicals, reserve materials, electronic equipment, or reference books.
- Guest patron cards do not grant access to Simpson's library databases.
- Cards issued to high school students expire at the end of UMW's school year (in April or May).
- Applicants who are younger than eighteen must provide the name of their school and the name of their teacher, and the teacher must agree to serve as a point of contact.
For complete information about Guest Patron cards, see this page.
If you don't want to get a Guest Patron card, you still have several options for using Simpson's library books:
- Scanning/photocopying. The library has book scanners and photocopiers. Scanning is free. Photocopies are 10 cents per page (cash only).