Here are several ways to identify significant productions of a given play:
- Read the Wikipedia article about the play. Look for a section called "Performance history" or "Stage history" or "Productions."
- Don't cite Wikipedia -- just use it to identify productions to research.
- Read books about the play, or about the playwright.
- Find books in Quest. Search for the playwright's name + the title of the play.
- If you don't get many results, try searching for the playwright's name without the title of the play.
- You can also try Googling the title of the play + the word "productions", but brace yourself -- you'll get a very long list of search results to dig through.
Alternatively, you can browse lists of casts & crew, and look for famous names.